109,613 children were turned away by CAMHS between 2015 and 2017. This means 150 pupils a day are not getting the support they need. In some cases, pupils had to wait up to 18 months to be treated.
Figures from NHS Trusts (Freedom of Information request by the NSPCC)
How it works
We arrange an initial meeting to discuss the issues that are presenting themselves. Collaboratively, we produce a basic assessment of needs.
Once we have developed an assessment of needs, we will produce a recommendation for the education provider to look at. In most cases, this will cover various options at a range of price points.
Once a decision has been made on the level of support, we would meet to produce a service level agreement together. We would then produce an implementation plan and begin service delivery.
Our Aquarius Life service seeks to provide education providers with tools to support staff and student wellbeing.
Nearly two thirds of teachers say they are not confident that they or their school would be able to get timely support from expert services such as CAMHS for pupils experiencing mental ill health.
NASUWT – The Teachers’ Union
Our range of support
We offer a range of approaches to service evaluation that vary in depth and duration:
Our services can;
- Reduce stigma relating to psychological health and wellbeing issues and increase willingness to disclose challenges
- Reduce unplanned absenteeism due to ease of access to support and interventions. For staff and students
- Improve staff retention and reduce the associated recruitment costs (Human Resources (HR), training etc.)
- Reduce supervision/management time spent addressing issues in staff and students
- Provide specialist guidance to teaching staff for identifying and having conversations about issues
- Provide specialist support to existing staff, mentors, Occupational Health and HR teams
- Increase workplace wellbeing and Health & Safety awareness relating to target areas
- Improve confidence in leadership by providing visible student and staff support and assistance
- Reduce in incidents/accidents
- Improve motivation of staff
- Provide additional family support.