It is estimated that 1.5 million people are addicted to prescription and over-the-counter drugs in the UK. Many of these drugs can have a significant effect on performance, concentration or alertness.
Drugs and Alcohol in the Workplace, TUC
how it works
In most cases when employers contact us, we arrange an initial meeting to discuss the issues that are presenting themselves in the workplace. Collaboratively, we produce a basic assessment of needs. In some cases, businesses know exactly what they want and move straight through to agreeing a delivery plan.
Once we have developed a workplace assessment of needs, we will produce a recommendation for the employer to look at. In most cases, this will cover various options at a range of price points.
Once the employer has decided on the level of support, we would meet to produce a service level agreement together. We would then produce an implementation plan and begin service delivery.
We offer a range of approaches to service evaluation that vary in depth and frequency.
Aquarius Life service seeks to provide employers with tools to support their employees’ wellbeing.
£7.3 billion loss to UK businesses due to alcohol-related sickness and loss of productivity Up to 17 million working days are lost each year because of alcohol-related sickness £1.4 billion loss due to drug misuse
Institute of Alcohol Studies
Our range of support
We offer the following;
Our services can;
- Reduce workplace stigma relating to target areas and increase willingness to disclose challenges
- Reduce unplanned absenteeism due to ease of access to support and interventions
- Improve staff retention and reduce the associated recruitment costs (Human Resources (HR), training etc.)
- Reduce supervision/management time spent addressing issues
- Provide specialist guidance to managers for having conversations relating to the above issues
- Provide specialist support to existing Occupational Health and HR teams
- Increase workplace wellbeing and Health & Safety awareness relating to target areas
- Improve employer confidence by providing visible employee support and assistance
- Reduce incidents/accidents resulting in associated insurance benefits
- Improve motivation of staff
- Improve support for family members of people experiencing challenges.